Hey Loves! Here’s a quick recipe I found on Pinterest that is absolutely amazing and so easy to make! The creator of this recipe is Neurotic Mommy and you can find her original recipe here. Her recipe is completely Vegan but since I am not, I made a couple substitutions for what I had in my fridge.
What you’ll need
- 2 Avocados
- 1/2 Can Black Beans
- 2tbsps Greek Yogurt
- 2 Pitas (though you can really make as many as you’d like)
- 1/4 Diced Onion
- Onion and Garlic Powder
- Start by toasting your pitas. Mine were small enough that I could put them in the toaster. The only thing to make sure with this step is to not over toast your pitas (they can get really crispy which just takes a lot of the fun out of it).
- While the pitas are toasting, mash up your avocados in a bowl with the onions. Add your onion and garlic powder, and salt/ pepper to taste. You could go all out and make guacamole, but this is just a bit faster, and still completely delicious!
- Drain and wash your beans
- Assemble it all together! I put the avocados on the bottom, then the beans and greek yogurt. I added a few more onions for garnish and some more salt and pepper and voila! Such an easy and quick lunch that’s packed with protein and good fats!